Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cook it up a notch—It is September!

Our next party is this coming Monday (yes, we know…a holiday…but come on…it is food and fun!) Same time-- 7pm--and Rhonda Hennessy has graciously agreed to host it at her house.

Football season is making its debut-and so must some of our great recipes!!! Think tailgating—and if you ask me, I like to think “cold weather” too!

We’ll try it a little different this month—a maximum of 3 dishes for each category—so first come, first served. When you comment, put the category for your dish and a brief description to try and avoid duplicates. Because Rhonda is hosting, she had first pick--Rhonda is doing a Side Dish/Cabbage slaw

Categories:

Chili
Side
Appetizer
Dessert

Remember, there is no need to double the recipes—just make the normal amount because there will be LOTS of food to taste!

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I'll do an Appetizer/ Pecan Havarti Quesadilla With Pear Preserves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do a dessert - dont know what yet, but my preggo self has been craving sweets! See yall there! - Caron

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will do a side: Crunchy romaine toss salad, YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am probably crazy for signing up for this, but I am feeling brave. I am going to attempt my aunt's Red Velvet cake - a great way to show team spirit on game day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone - I won't be able to make it, but I hope you all have a great time!

    Leigh Reynolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm bringing my already award winning white chicken chili. It's a crowd pleaser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm bringing "Taco Chili." I have never made it before and I hope it's not gross!!!

    ReplyDelete