Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ladies' Brunch

Okay ladies...time for a second go-around with brunch dishes. Liz has requested to branch out from the standard french toast, pancakes, and waffles route. Bring a dish to her house on April 12th and be sure to list it in the Comments! Liz will e-mail you closer to date with directions. Happy cooking!

9 comments:

  1. Hey everyone! For once I know what I am bringing before Sunday. I will be bringing a Crispy Potato Quiche - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am bringing Berries with Champagne Syrup
    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, here is my recipe from last month, so sorry just adding.. been busy :).

    Italian Butter Ball Cookies
    Ingredients
    1 stick butter 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon almond extract 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 pinch salt 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
    Directions
    Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
    Beat together the butter and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix into the butter mixture until just incorporated. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheet spaced about 2 inches apart.
    Bake in the preheated oven until firm, about 10 minutes. Cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
    Spread the 1/4 cup confectioners sugar on a plate; roll the cooled cookies in the confectioners' sugar to coat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will bring sausage wraps. I just made that name up. A secretary in my office gave me a recipe that sounds really yummy and I have no idea what to call it. So that's what I came up with- sausage wraps! Does that sound appetizing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will bring Crustless Cheese and Spinach Quiche. See everyone there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to attempt the cheese blintz souffle one more time - if that doesn't work, I'm going to make some bacon croissants (I don't really know what they are called - they are quite yummy though and very easy)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ladies! I'm so excited about brunch! I'm making "Happy Jacks!" and maybe something else....Happy Jacks are sausage/cream cheese things. I'll send directions later!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I am also making blueberry and mascarpone turnovers....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm bringing Sausage Coffee Cake. The recipe looks devine. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete